Foil labels are used where there is a need for high resistance to the external factors.
They are flexible, are not subject to destruction due to high or low temperatures, humidity, chemical substances, grease, dirt or abrasion. Their durability, outdoors, ranges from 6 months to even 12 years.
The types of foil labels are, among others:
- Polyethylene (PE) foils – they are stretchable, so they are suitable for flexible containers.
- Polypropylene (PP) foils – characterized by high durability.
- PVC – it is a material very resistant to hot and cold, dirt, oils, grease, and other chemical substances.
- Polyester (PET) foils – their structure is resistant to tearing or breaking.
- Thermal foils – this foil is covered with a heat-sensitive substance, characterized by high durability.
They may be white, transparent or silver.