Foil labels are used wherever there is a demand for high resistance to external conditions.
They are flexible, not damageable by high or low temperatures, humidity, chemicals, grease, dirt or abrasion. Product lifespan of such a labels is from 6 months up to 12 years.
Types of film labels, e.g.
- polyethylene (PE) – they are elastic, so are suitable for flexible containers,
- polypropylene (PP) – they are characterized by high strength,
- PVC – the material is very resistant to cold and heat, dirt, oils, greases and chemicals,
- polyester (PET) – have a structure resistant to snagging, tearing,
- thermal – the film is coated with a thermosensitive substance of high durability.
Might be white, transparent or silver.